Tuesday, November 24

Donny's got the crazy, and the trophy

Donny Osmond takes home the mirrorball trophy!
What a great finish to this season's Dancing with the Stars!
I missed quite a bit of the first half of the show, but ... ... ... Wait. What? Why, you ask? ... Because apparently, when the DVR is full up of Gossip Girl and The Good Wife and runs out of space, it just stops recording entirely. What the hell??!! (Thus, no recording of last night's competition show. And, it just dawned on me that the DVR also didn't record Castle last night! Argh!! Now, I'm even more pissy!!) ...
Anyway ...
I'll admit to this being the first time I've watched the DWTS finale and preferred the more popular contestant over the more competent contestant. Yes, Mya had the chops and talent to walk away with this show, but she lacked the accessibility to the audience, and humility, to get the votes she needed to win tonight. Donny had the fan base (like me), that's for certain, and they voted for their favorite, rather than the better dancer. I voted thrice for Donny myself, because I wanted to see him win, yes, but also, because I wanted to see Kym Johnson (his pro partner) win, too. She's been on the show since the first season, and only made it into the finals once before. She deserved the win as much as anyone.
This evening's finale also opens up quite a bit of time on my Monday and Tuesday nights. I always get this weird feeling of emptiness the night and day and week after DWTS ends. What do I do now?

No comments: