Wednesday, October 14

Yes, a balloon dragon

I think, this week, I will focus on posting pictures that have nothing at all to do with the actual text in the post. That sounds like fun to me. You?

I've had a weird issue with my bag lately. While it is still very cool, and I love carrying it around, I feel as though it is time to re-graduate to the bags I used to carry before Sydney was born. For those of you who really know the bags I used to carry, those tiny little things that could only hold my wallet, phone and keys, I will say that no, not those bags, but the larger, old-school Kate Spade bags. You remember that awesome red one I carried around everywhere for the longest time? That's the one I pulled out of the "bag bin" this afternoon. It's smaller and lighter than the leather one I carry now, but still has space enough for all my stuff (wallet, keys, phone, Burt's Bees lip balm, Purell, a couple lip glosses, a pen), Sydney's stuff (crayons, bag of snacks, sippy cup), and random paper bits. I think it's time for the extra, just-in-case kid stuff (panties, leggings, wipes) to stay in the car, so that will make room in the bag, too. Also, there's a pocket inside this red one that is big enough for the phone and wallet, though it isn't designed for them. I've become addicted to the little side pockets for those things. (Hmmm, perhaps a NEW bag is in order?)
The red bag is sitting on my bed right now ... staring at me. I will make the switch tomorrow while Sydney's in school. Of course, I'll see if it'll work before I commit to it completely. But I won't lie, there is something very awesome about moving back to my pre-baby bags. It's only been three years. For all that time, I fantasized about not toting diapers anymore, and carrying a real bag again. That the time has come is both fantastic and a little scary. I'm almost high with the anticipation. And the selection! If this works out, I've got such a group of awesome bags to choose from for my daily use! And then there are the new ones, too!!

No comments: