Monday, October 26

Same bat editor, same bat blog address

Who really thought that Baby Einstein DVDs made their kids smarter? I never thought these fantastic discs would make my baby smarter; all I wanted was something to entertain her enough so I could get a couple minutes of quiet on my own. Baby Einstein wasn't an intelligence booster, it was a pseudo babysitter! I don't remember if the packaging ever really said that the items would make kids smarter, but apparently they implied enough to get someone angry about the claim. The main complainer started a campaign, which gained speed when parents decided that their kids weren't smart enough after watching the videos, and suddenly, Disney is smacked with a potential class-action suit if they don't offer refunds to those parents of these less-intelligent children. The refund base is increasing, due to the recent increase in media coverage of the suit.
Am I the only person not at all interested in a refund? All I can think is that the Baby Einstein DVDs did exactly what I wanted them to do: they gave the kid something to stare at for a few minutes while I watched the news, or checked my e-mail, or took the dogs out for a pee, or sat down and took deep breaths. (I initially had the words "laid down," but Mom made me change it, so as not to infer that I took a nap or something.) At any rate, I still am a huge fan of my Baby Einstein stuff.

My Dancing with the Stars voting (9 votes allowed):
Kelly Osbourne ~ 2 votes.
Mark Dacascos ~ 2 vote.
Donny Osmond ~ 2 votes.
Joanna Krupa ~ 1 vote.
Louie Vito ~ 1 vote.
Mya ~ 1 vote.
Melissa Joan Hart, Aaron Carter and Michael Irvin ~ 0 votes.
Okay, and because I was flaky earlier this week and missed my blog posting on Tuesday, I'll attach last week's departing "star" to this portion of tonight's text.

No comments: