Thursday, October 1

October rocks

Ah, October. Lovely!
OCTOBER!: This month, the cooler weather begins. We had our windows open last night, and the most delightfully cool breeze blew threw the house all evening. This morning, Brian's toes got cold as he watered the grass. I was able to keep my windows open all morning, and the air conditioner didn't flip on until 11:30 a.m. Finally! An end to our summer has arrived!
OCTOBER!: As is my custom on the first day of October, I put up all the Halloween decorations. Throughout my house, you will find witches, ghosts, pumpkins and Jack O'Lanterns, and this year, candy corn, placed in fun locales and looking jaunty. Yes, jaunty. I had to psyche Sydney up for all the stuff on our way back home from school, because goodness knows, if she didn't already think it was so wonderful as we walked through the door, she would decide it was scary. And because everything needed to find a new home throughout the place, it took me longer to display it all. Actually, it took the entire four hours Syd was in school.
OCTOBER!: Notice how farmer-y my October avatar is looking! This is, of course, an homage to my continued obsession with FarmVille on Facebook. I'm on level 23 right now, and am able to plant and grow corn. I've got my first crop growing right now. Honestly, I am eager to advance mainly because I want to build a greenhouse on my property. That, I can not do until Level 30. Damn! I want my greenhouse!
OCTOBER!: At the end of this month, my baby girl turns three. Ack! I can't believe how big she's gotten, and how grown up she is now!
OCTOBER!: Another birthday! On the 10th, Oliver will be nine years old! Ack! Another one of my children getting older so fast!

No comments: