Wednesday, October 7

Now, I don't feel guilty for not watching

I'm breaking up with Gossip Girl. There are two episodes sitting on my DVR, last week and this past Monday, and I have no desire or inclination to watch them. I've got so much television that I am drawn to watching either later that evening, or the very next day, that when I find myself almost avoiding a program, I think it must be time to let it go. It's not that I no longer love the characters. On the contrary, I am still totally into Blair and Chuck as a couple. It's the situations, and the plot lines, and the ridiculous issues in which they are all being randomly ensnared that are driving me batty. And the scoop on the future scenarios are making me nervous. It's never a good thing when I hear something about a show, and I actually, physically, roll my eyes. So sadly, I feel like I should break up with Gossip Girl. I'll keep recording the show, in case I change my mind and am just that bored this winter, but as of now, it's just going to hang out on my DVR.
Other shows I'm breaking up with: Heroes (I have no interest in this show at all anymore, but Brian makes me watch it with him), and Community (I started watching for Chevy Chase. He was not enough to keep me interested though).

No comments: