Monday, October 19

No line on the horizon

Katy and I are going to see U2 in concert tomorrow night. I love U2. Honestly, they are the best band ever. I always love seeing them in concert. The problem with this concert in particular though, and the reason why it's an event I seem to be dragging my feet to rather than skipping down the highway to attend, is that I spent way too much on the tickets.
You should have been there that morning. It was a feverish bidding war for the best tickets I could get, and I let the excitement of the hunt get to me. Had I known then what I know now ... . Alas, I was high on the crazy running through my head, and I couldn't stop myself.
I've had the tickets up on CraigsList for the past couple months, and no one is interested in taking them off my hands. Because I'm not in love with this particular CD, I was pretty okay with missing the concert. Because I got in trouble for spending so much money on the tickets, I was okay with selling them and putting the cash straight onto the AmEx card.
And ... because I love this band so much, I am okay with going to the show tomorrow night ... because, you know, not going would be a complete waste.
And for my dear friend, Sarah, my U2 partner in crime, I'll scream, "Look over HHHEEEEERRRRREEEEE!!"

My Dancing with the Stars voting (10 votes allowed):
Kelly Osbourne ~ 2 votes. I am just loving her. I am not entirely sure it's not just a crush on her random hats and fantastic hair accessories.
Mark Dacascos ~ 2 votes. He needs to get better. I really want him to do as well as I think he can.
Donny Osmond ~ 2 votes. Inexplicably, it hurts me to vote for him twice, but I think he's doing better, despite his constant whining and old-man jokes. I'm torn as to whether he's a bit more irritating that Marie.
Joanna Krupa ~ 2 votes. She danced with Maks tonight. Two votes.
Louie Vito ~ 1 vote. I really like this kid! He's awesome! Did you see him totally school Aaron Carter on doing a flip? Fantastic!
Aaron Carter ~ 1 vote. I count myself among those that are, for whatever reason, turned off by him. But he's doing well. So, one vote.
Mya, Natalie Coughlin, Melissa Joan Hart, Michael Irvin ~ 0 votes. While I like what Mya is doing for this competition, and the rest of them are likable, there just, sadly, aren't enough votes for me to make everyone happy here.
Who leaves tomorrow? I'll guess it's either Irvin or Vito.

No comments: