Wednesday, October 28

I fight the/my cold ... and the Yankees

~ As a Red Sox fan, I find that I am as pleased to see the Red Sox win as I am to see the Yankees lose. So tonight is a tentative embarrassment of riches (not really, since the Sox didn't win the game) to see the Phillies take Game 1 of the World Series from the Yankees, in the new Yankee Stadium. I think that I shall root for the Phillies to win the Series for the simple and singular reason as to see the Yankees lose. That makes me a real Sox fan.
~ It was cold in the desert today! I could have worn a sweater over my long-sleeved shirt at lunch, but didn't, and was too cool. I should have brought a jacket with me to dinner, because I got cold walking from the restaurant back to the car. I'm pleased to say that I even turned the heater on in the car, and flipped on my seat warmers! When I took something out onto the back patio this afternoon, the chill in the air smelled slightly of Boston! And when Oliver went outside to rest a bit in the sunshine, his body was a bit cool when he came back inside -- not hot and toasty! This weather, of course, is temporary. The great meteorologist says that the temperatures will be back into the 90s this weekend. I'm so over this summer weather!!
~ Ever since Tara bustled off to Honolulu, I see her quite rarely. Imagine how excited I was to hear that she would be in town this week! And then to learn that she would be able to lunch with us this afternoon! Lovely!
~ I'm feeling a bit better today. I think the cold is departing my body. Did I not tell you? I've been dealing with a bit of a cold over the last couple days. The snotty nose and general achy-ness are bothersome, and seem to be sapping my energy. I hate colds. Given the fact that Syd's runny nose seems to be gone entirely today, I'd rather be the sick one and take it all on myself than have her catch any more of what I've got. After all, she's got birthday activities at school tomorrow, and the Halloween festivities at school on Friday.
~ I have so much television to catch up on. List of what's on my DVR right now: The Good Wife (10/13, 10/20); The Office (10/22); 30 Rock (10/22); and Eastwick (10/28); as well as several episodes of Gossip Girl and Jungle Junction.

No comments: