Sunday, September 20

Pink pears in Massachusetts

Sunday afternoon, sitting on my sofa, is clearly the time of indecisiveness. I can't decide which of these two photos I would rather like to lead off today's blog post. If you're reading this online right now, which, of course, you are, you will have noticed which photo I decided to use up top. Shall I go with the beautiful picture of fall foliage in Massachusetts? Or the pretty and fantastic Buddha-shaped pears grown in China?
What I do know for sure is that this FarmVille thing on Facebook is so frickin' cool, and I love, love, love it. I've moved up to Level 19 today, which means that, once my soybeans and peppers are ready to be harvested, I can plant grapes. Yay grapes! I was so excited to show off my farm to Brian yesterday when he finally acquiesced to see it. And I bought more land last night, as well. All I need now is about 15,000 more "coins" so I can buy a cottage for the property. That way, I can live there, too. I think that is the last of my random wants for the land. Anyway, I'm eager to build up the rest of that capital so I can get my new house. A pink one, if you please.
We visited The Home Depot this morning. I found mushrooms, actual mushrooms, in one of my house plants this morning. How is that for a random botanical issue? We got some fungicide, as I have other plants that have some mold or something growing on their soil, and I'm eager to dig into that tomorrow. Also, we bought a better tree branch and twig cutter for the plants out front. Brian did an excellent job of cutting down the big oleander in front of my window. The other fence-lining oleander will have to wait until next weekend, I think. I've got a big pile of oleander bits in the middle of my front yard right now, and I can't wait to get rid of it all.
I'm missing the Emmys tonight, and I'm pretty bummed about that, but my lovely niece, Katy, and I have super fun plans tonight instead of my staying home to watch television. Oh yeah, tickets to see Pink! I'll have more about that tomorrow, too!

No comments: