Wednesday, September 23

In fact, that job is ongoing

I just spent way too much time on an art project for Sydney's school. I got a note in Sydney's school stuff that said that Syd was selected to be the Star Student in her class next week. Because of this super cool honor, I was given the task of creating a poster board collage that showed all of Sydney's interests. I picked up a black poster board and package of construction paper at Target this morning, and tackled this fantastic project tonight after Sydney went to bed. I spent quite a bit of time on the computer, finding and printing out images of Sydney's favorite things, such as, Lightning McQueen and Mater from Cars; a Finding Nemo wallpaper; an apple, M&Ms, milk carton, popcorn, and macaroni and cheese; crayons, puzzles and books; the entrance to the Phoenix Zoo, Sydney in a swing, a carousel; and a picture of Sydney with Bear. I started this project at 8 p.m., and finished it about 10:20 p.m. I think it looks pretty good, and I got a huge compliment on it from Brian. So, I think my job as "Awesome Mom" is done for the day.
As for the first casualties of this season's Dancing with the Stars, let's all say goodbye to Macy Gray and Ashley Hamilton. I am incredibly ambivalent to their departure.
Oh yeah, and Mom arrives in town tomorrow! Yay!!

No comments: