Thursday, September 3

I'm a farmer now

The last thing in the world that I needed was a new obsession online. There's an application on Facebook called FarmVille, in which the user is a farmer tasked with plowing and planting field plots, growing crops, caring for animals, and, of course, trying to make money on it. The money is all cute, little clinking coins, and not worth much of anything. For me, it's the growing, planting and harvesting. I'm totally digging it. I've grown soybeans, pumpkins and strawberries. Each crop has its own money amount to be made, amount of time for growth, and experience gained by farming it. Honestly, I'm loving it. I've planted pumpkins for the night, because they take eight hours to mature, so they'll be ready when I get up tomorrow morning. I learned that strawberries are not an effective nighttime crop because they mature inf our hours. Make them sit too long and the wither and die. Then it costs twice as much to remove the dead plants, till the earth, and then plant new crops. See? This is awesome!! I've got cows, chickens, a duck, and a black sheep named Josh.

No comments: