Saturday, August 15

A white girl's vision quest

Have I told you about my favorite word in one of my favorite movies? The movie is Grosse Pointe Blank, starring John Cusack. The word is "shockabuku," which means a swift spiritual kick to the head. I enjoy the concept of shockabuku, and like to think that I can summon one if I really need it. Right now, in fact, over the last several months, I've felt in myself a yearning for a powerful shockabuku. I posted it as my Facebook status a couple days ago: I need to recharge my batteries, take an attitudinal chill pill, get out of dodge, and hang out with my two favorite girls. I've got a whole lot coming up in the next few months, and need to clear my head to better deal with it. I need to detox myself. And for me, there is no better psychological palate cleanser than a road trip.
Tomorrow begins a new adventure. Sydney and I fly out to Mom's, and on Monday, we hit the road. What's the itinerary? A stop here and a stop there. I'll keep you posted as we progress. (I set up the network connection between the blog here and my very cool iPhone, so I should ... should ... be able to blog quite well from the road. I am not sure how well I can post any accompanying images, but we'll cross that blogger's bridge when we get to it.) At any rate, a couple days on the road, visiting some places that we love, having a hundred laughs, and doing something randomly cool is the best prescription for my shockabuku. I'll come back home a more centered, focused, cleansed and ambitious person. I think it'll be a remarkably positive thing for me. I'm very much looking forward to it.

No comments: