Friday, August 28

"Time to go sit on the potty!!"

I am so tired.
Dude. Potty training is HARD.
It's been a while since I had to devote such complete attention to one thing for an entire day, and I'll tell you, it's taken its toll on me. It's not even 10 p.m. yet, and I've already made my nighttime phone calls, am blogging about the day, and have yawned more than a couple times. I am totally going to bed early.
The potty training experience though, was not too bad. Sydney did absolutely fantastic. Of course, my first call tonight went to Lisa, just so I could have someone else tell me how well Sydney and I did today. I posted the day's tally on Facebook, but I'll copy and past it here so you all can appreciate it, too.
The tally for the day: seven pees in the potty (we roll with a 25-minute increment between forced potty breaks), three piddling accidents (one in the hallway, two in the living room), four panties (consequence of above accidents), three t-shirts (two had pee on them, one was soiled with oatmeal), two hand towels (they get wet faster when the person using them isn't too proficient), two potty-focused books (one about Molly Matthews and the preferred, How to Potty Train Your Monster), one poop in the potty (it was totally an accident, but a HUGE victory!), and one very proud mommy (tired, too).
When I sit back and look at my day, and consider that, this morning, she had only a vague idea of what the process of peeing and pooping in the potty entailed, and that by tonight, she peed, wiped, flushed, and washed her hands all by herself, I think the whole process really is pretty amazing. Add to all that the knowledge that she didn't sleep at all for her nap, and that I'm running on fumes right now, and you know it was an exhausting several hours of daylight.
So right now, I'm going to stop yawning again, turn off the computer, finish watching Live Free or Die Hard, and then go to bed. Because tomorrow will be easier.
It will; won't it??

No comments: