Monday, August 31

This picture would make a really hard puzzle

Just a couple notes to you, my friends:
1.) This potty training thing, while necessary, is totally frustrating. Yes, I understand that the child won't just get it the first day. And I know that everyone has their own thoughts on that. But the level of patience required to get through this without losing it on your child is more than I thought I had. I, literally, walked around all day in a state of almost-tears, just waiting for the next flood of urine or poopy surprise to come my way. How long exactly is this training going to take? And will I be in this constant state of anxiety for weeks and months? Diapers rule.
2.) Once again, I'm up later than I wanted to be, with little to nothing to show for it. I did though, make it to the gym for a time this afternoon, and got that one bag of yard waste out with the night's garbage, so I suppose it can't be all bad.
3.) We had a storm ... or, a weather event that they consider a storm out here ... tonight, too. Windy, which was really nice, and a few raindrops, which was disappointing. Brian and I were just talking today how nice it would be here if Arizona had real weather. If there had been an actual storm tonight, we might have decided we like it here.
4.) I've been playing with Sydney's little 12-piece jigsaw puzzles so much lately that I developed an incredible jones for an adult puzzle for me. We checked out Target this morning, and I found a decent 750-piece Disney Villains panoramic puzzle. I also bought one of those felt, storage mats for the puzzle: you know, where you actually construct the puzzle on the felt, and then are able to roll it up so no toddlers or dogs can get to the pieces. The felt itself was folded in the purchase box, so was all chockablock full of creases, bumps and folds. My puzzle pieces do not lay flat, and that is, to put it mildly, annoying as hell. I need a large dining room table. In a dining room that is off-limits to all children and dogs. Oh, and I think Daisy's eaten a couple of my pieces already, since I'm missing four pieces of border, and have been through the rest of the box twice, and can't find anymore in there. Grr.
5.) And just, Grrr. Andrea knows what I mean. Grr.

No comments: