Monday, August 17

This is Bishop ... wahoo!!

We're in Bishop, California. You can say it: hot spot of the Eastern Sierra Valley. This is where Howie grew up, and our regular stop mid-way to Lake Tahoe.
The drive itself was a nice one! Still warm, about 95 degrees most of the way, but it still was not as hot as the desert. (It IS a vacation!!) And only twice did I think that perhaps I might get pulled over for speeding. Is there a single speed limit sign on the 395? I do not remember seeing one, but I'm pretty sure that if I did, it wouldn't have said 85. Still, I didn't get any tickets today. I make no such promises for tomorrow. One of the best things about road tripping with my mom is that I feel like if I get a speeding ticket, it's okay and I won't get in trouble because she's in the car with me. It's sort of like that time all us girls cheered her into making an illegal left turn in Beverly Hills one night and she got pulled over because of it. But I digress.
Tomorrow, we head off to Tahoe.

No comments: