Tuesday, August 4

Ooohh ... she's a bit feisty

A couple things:
ITEM!: Really quick: Here's the poll on USATODAY.com's web site today. It is specifically noted that the poll is not scientific.
Question: Do you keep your seat belt fastened during flights? Yes: 25%; Only during takeoff and landing: 14%; Yes, unless I have to get out of my seat for something: 62%.
Okay, who are the people who stay seated with their seat belts fastened even when they DO need to get out for something? That 16 percent will stay seated unconditionally, with no regard for any circumstances, and also will probably pee into their seat cushion. Why, on earth, would you answer that question with an absolute "Yes," when, goodness knows, everyone unlatches their seat belt at some point, on some flight, for some reason. And this is not to let the fools who only keep their seat belts fastened during takeoff and landing off the hook. Do they think they're rebels of some kind? Do they move around in their seats so much that they simply CAN'T stay belted, or that the belt loosened to its max is not comfortable on them? Those people kind of deserve to get tossed around the cabin with sudden turbulence, right?
ITEM!: I know this will be unpopular with my Republican friends, but I'm going to say it: I would TOTALLY vote for Bill Clinton again. Did you SEE that his little (big deal!) visit to North Korea got those two women journalists pardoned and released? That's fantastic! Diplomacy CAN work!! Back to Clinton: Do you remember how happy our country was all those years ago? No wars, no insurmountable debt, and I don't know if maybe I'm just not remembering it right, but I don't recall there being so much ... hate. Sure, we had issues, but there wasn't any verbiage that insisted that, if you didn't believe everything the government told you, and questioned anything, you weren't patriotic. I don't like that over the last several years, people who questioned what they were told (which is, by the way, our RESPONSIBILITY as citizens) were suddenly put on some random black list and considered to be unappreciative of the military at best, and traitors at worst. BUT I DIGRESS!! I would much rather have someone getting blowies in the Oval Office than all this garbage that has piled onto the country over the last nine years. And having seen what Clinton did today just kinda smacked me in the face about it.
ITEM!: I appreciate that the Twilight books have a huge following, but there's some distressing news coming from the book segment of the world. Apparently, Stephanie Meyer's series has set new records on the best-sellers lists. Records that, before now, belonged only to Harry Potter. Of course, as I've read both series of books, I can say this with some knowledge on the subject: There is no way that Twilight should be eclipsing anything regarding Harry Potter. That is all.

It just felt like a space shuttle kind of day.

No comments: