Sunday, August 16

No, it's just a hot heat

So I'm blogging to you tonight from Mom's little laptop. She bought it for randomness, and I've been picking on her constantly since she got it, because I didn't think it was something that she would ever really use. And yet, here I sit, using this little computer that I swore would never get used. I've messed around with Facebook, checked my e-mail, tweeted, and added four new web sites to the favorites up there. For all intents and purposes, and for this week, I think I may have adopted this petite machine for my very own.
President Barack Obama was in Arizona today, and he and his family visited the Grand Canyon. I am beyond tickled with the photos of them getting off their plane all dressed in shorts and tanks and t-shirts ... except the president himself, who, no doubt, needs to show that he's not affected by such things as ridiculously high temperatures. I bet, in some little place in their minds, they didn't figure the heat in Arizona could be that bad. "It's a dry heat," and all that.

No comments: