Thursday, August 13

It's like a weird J.Crew ad, is it not?

ITEM!: I'm not sure if I'm horrified more at the fact that these dolls are so cheesy, or that I seem to be feeling like I must possess them. For those of you not so much in the know about teen-vampire love stories, these are the dolls of the characters Edward Cullen and Bella Swan from the Twilight series of novels and movies. My fascination with the dolls is on a few levels: 1.) Bella the doll is prettier and dresses better than Bella the character. That sounds mean, but I don't intend it to be. 2.) Edward actually is that pale in the movie, and the doll manufacturers carried through with that even to the doll's hands. That's creepy, but awesome. 3.) The hair on Edward is off-putting. 4.) They're so .... Barbie. Did Barbie have a vampire boyfriend? Would I have had that doll, too? Probably. My goodness, I had a Purple Pie Man. I totally would have had the Vampire Ken doll.
ITEM!: We've had three nights of Sydney going to sleep without her Ted. Yesterday, she couldn't nap "with no Ted," but therefore passed out quickly at bedtime last night. Today, it took her about 50 minutes to fall asleep for her nap, but she finally did! And on an incredibly high note, she did not mention Ted at all. Yay!!
ITEM!: When Daisy dreams, she makes the same huffing, snarfing and whiny noises that Oliver does when he dreams. Totally cool. My dogs are pretty great.
ITEM!: The Fifth Element has been on rotation on Cinemax lately. I don't know why, but I watch it. Actors, not including the movie's star, Bruce Willis, in this movie: Chris Tucker, better known from the Rush Hour movies. Best part about his character, "BZZZZZ." Gary Oldman, a very well-respected actor, who chews up the scenery in this movie like no one's business. Milla Jovovich, who is only cool in Resident Evil films. Sir Ian Holm, who played Bilbo in the Lord of the Rings trilogy. And Luke Perry (Beverly Hills, 90210), who, for whatever reason, decided that in 1997, he would play the part of a scientist's assistant and only live for five minutes in a cheesy Bruce Willis movie.

No comments: