Monday, August 24

The grass should be greener

Have I told you how much I love Monday naptimes? They're my favorite because I feel like I'm not required to catch up on anything since it's the beginning of the week. Today, I'm obsessed with the last two weeks' episodes of True Blood, so I am watching them again. I figure I've got another 20 minutes of quiet before I need to get Sydney up, so I'll spend the time blogging and watching the best invention ever, or over the last few years anyway: DVR.
~~ So Michael Jackson's death was ruled a homicide. I'm of two minds about this: 1.) The LAPD finally has someone to blame for this death, giving their public relations department a neat little bow to tie around the entire situation. 2.) I would assume that Dr. Conrad Murray did not mean to kill Jackson. These accidental deaths are always so subjective. There is no way he'll ever come back from this, and it's pretty sad how the whole thing could have been avoided with just a bit more care, or had he just said something like, "Dude. Just close your eyes. You want me to sing you a lullaby? You don't need to be put in a medically induced coma to get a night's sleep."
~~ I watched just a bit of the football game between the Arizona Cardinals and the ... ... I don't remember. Who played in that game? No matter. I'm excited about football season starting!
~~ I understand that it may not be as good for my grass to be watered in the afternoon after Sydney lays down for her nap, but I think that getting watered then is better than not getting watered at all. My grass in the backyard is in a sorry state right now -- it's a bit more brown than green -- but I can see that it'll be happier with some consistent watering over the next several days. The reason why I have to wait to water after the kid is in bed? If you have to ask, you obviously have never tried to water grass with an awake toddler in the house. It results in too much excess water on people, dogs and walls. Sadly, it's a bit of a waste of water doing it with Sydney's "help." I'd rather just do it and get it done with minimal fuss. So that's the schedule I'll roll with for now. I'll give you a green-ness update in a few days!

No comments: