Tuesday, August 25

First day of school!!

Sydney started preschool today! She thoroughly enjoyed it, and, according to her teacher, there was a little bit of crying first thing this morning, but then after that, she participated well and was all smiles with everyone. Issue: potty training. Syd is still in diapers, and to be in the 3's class, you have to be potty trained. The principal met me in the parking lot this afternoon to discuss the diapers thing, and apparently, from the conversation, she is now under the impression that Syd will come to class in underwear on Thursday. I though I said that we would get through Thursday in a diaper and then guerrilla potty training would take place this weekend. Now, it seems to be the order of the day for tomorrow. I guess I'll get to reading Kerry's potty training manual, How to Potty Train Your Child in One Day. It seems that tomorrow, I'll need it.
If the potty training thing doesn't work out, we can move her down to the 2s, where peeing in the potty isn't required, until she's potty trained, and she can move back to the 3s. They've had to move two kids already, so it's not unheard of, but still, I feel like I've failed her somehow because I didn't push this more aggressively.
Still, all that matters is that Sydney had a good day, and she did!!

No comments: