Saturday, July 4

There's a flag bikini, but I thought ... no

I hope you all had a fabulous Fourth of July! We meandered down to Tempe Town Lake for the big fireworks show. I say "meandered," but it really was a lot more of a cluster, including an incident where I had to back out of a 50-yard one-lane parking area. But it turned out that we got an awesome spot right on the street, were able to walk straight down to the beach, and got a cozy spot with an excellent view of the show. Sydney dug it a ton, and Brian and I were thoroughly impressed and pleased with the show. I mean, really, this particular show rivals, dare I say bests, any other fireworks show we've seen, including the shows in Boston. They pulled out all the stops in Tempe tonight, and it was frickin' awesome. All we heard the whole way home was, "I saw fireworks! I saw fireworks! They made noise! Lots of colors," in various inflections and order. She totally enjoyed it, and I'm so glad that we took her!
Happy Birthday, America!!

No comments: