Sunday, July 26

The swirls, I find, are bothering me

Sydney, Brian and I played with Play-Doh this evening. It was fun, certainly, and it's weird how Play-Doh still smells and feels the exact same as it did when I was little. But in playing with it, I was shown, once again, what a freakishly particular person I can be about the most random stuff.
I can't stand it when the Play-Doh colors get mixed up and smooshed together.
Brian was all, Let's make a green more like a pear's coloring. Put the pink in the strawberry mold and then cover it all with the red to make it look right. There should be some green for the orange leaves. ... And Sydney's all, More colors! Where's the pink? Open the green. More blue! I make a castle!
No joke, my skin crawled every time some pink got mixed in with the orange, or the blue got stuck in the red, or the purple smooshed in with the yellow. I did everything I could to keep the colors in their own little cans, but to my discomfort, so many of them got mixed up. There are orange swirls in the pink Play-Doh. There are green bits in the lavender Play-Doh. There is blue in the yellow Play-Doh.
I don't feel compelled to go into the Play-Doh bins and try to better separate them or anything (as I don't think I can any more than I have anyway), so it's not bothering me on that level, but still, I need to learn to let this particular issue go by the wayside, or the next several years will be difficult.

No comments: