Wednesday, July 29

Ooh Pshaw!! Whatever!!

Well here's a random piece of trivia for you: Today is the 10-year anniversary of my becoming a member of the Yahoo! mailbox community. No kidding! I just clicked on one of the random hot links involved in the "new" Yahoo! inbox and homepage, and found a nifty little footnote that says, "Member since: 7/29/1999." I'm finding it frighteningly coincidental that I happened to click on that one link, and found that one note, today, and then said, "HEY! WEIRD!" So, appreciate that it's been 10 years that you all have been typing in the random saying I use when I'm discounting something that I just don't want to think about at the moment. It really might as well be "tomorrowattara@yahoo.com," shouldn't it? (What a great idea for an e-mail address!)
Now I'm wondering. What was I up to 10 years ago today? Too bad I didn't have a blog, I would totally have re-published that day's post. Hmmm... Let's see.
10 things from 10 years ago today
1.) I was only 26 years old. (So young!! Hadn't even GLIMPSED my 30s yet!)
2.) I had been out of college for three years.
3.) Brian and I had just moved into our first apartment together in Mesa, AZ.
4.) I'm a short time away from starting a job at my first trade magazine. (ES is awesome!)
5.) Humphrey will be diagnosed with an iodine-deficiency issue soon, too.
6.) I'm driving a BMW 318ti ... red, of course.
7.) I'm about to develop my first, and only, case of athlete's foot, due entirely to the summer heat and jelly sandals.
8.) I quit my second real job only two weeks before. It was a cool, and easy, editorial position at a hotel books publisher.
9.) The "People I Love That Are Dead" tally is at exactly three: Gramps, Grandpa S., and "Lime Juice."
10.) I've bought (but not read) the first two Harry Potter books, will soon buy the third, and will then sit and read all three in a row within a matter of days.

I am a bit disconcerted by the fact that I had a very difficult time coming up with those 10 things to remember about July of 1999. The more I think about it though, the more I realize that A LOT of stuff has happened within the last decade of my life. And damned if my cheesy little Yahoo! e-mail address hasn't just been there for all of it.

No comments: