Wednesday, July 1

Okay, okay ... twist my arm

What's your favorite ice cream treat? My favorites tend to be specific to each ice cream maker and/or proprietor. Some examples: Ben & Jerry's Brownie Batter ice cream; Haagen-Dazs chocolate and strawberry ice creams; Cold Stone Creamery's strawberry shake; Skinny Cow's chocolate ice cream sandwiches (please, Skinny Cow, make a package of just chocolate!); Wendy's Frosty; Fudgsicles; Dairy Queen's strawberry Blizzard; Disneyland's Mickey Mouse ice cream sandwiches; and well, pretty much any blended strawberry shake (5 and Diner, Red Robin and Sonic all make yummy incarnations). Random bit of trivia: When I was pregnant, I could not get enough strawberry milkshake on any given day.
But wait! There's a pint ... er, point ... to this ode to ice cream!
According to the International Dairy Foods Assn.: In 1984, President Ronald Reagan designated July as National Ice Cream Month and the third Sunday of the month as National Ice Cream Day (this year, July 19). He recognized ice cream as a fun and nutritious food that is enjoyed by 90 percent of the nation's population. In the proclamation, President Reagan called for all people of the United States to observe these events with "appropriate ceremonies and activities."
You know what this means, right?
SHOW YOUR PATRIOTISM! EAT ICE CREAM ALL MONTH!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi... just happen to cross your site... I see that you also love Disney... me too...

Im planning to go to Tokyo or Hong Kong Disney this Christmas. Hoho and I found some stuffs from Hong Kong Disneyland here as well:
disneycloth.cwahi.net

I will definitely take tones of photos there!!!

Anonymous said...

I have the makings for home made ice cream Babe.All I need to do is decide what flavor.DDY