Friday, July 3

It's actually too cute to not post

Most everyone's mom says something to them in passing about a regret, or "wish I had done differently," when discussing parenthood experiences (theirs or your own). The comments come and go, are more plentiful at one point than another, and may or may not be of interest, but still, I believe that they are thrown out there for a reason (consciously or not). As parents, we can take these bits of information, or leave them, that's our right.
There is one "bit" in particular of Mom's that I have taken to heart. She told me once that she wishes she had taken the time to let me ride those kiddie rides in the front of toy stores, grocery stores and the like when I asked all those years ago. "I don't know why I was in such a hurry, when all it would take was about one minute, and would have made you so happy," she said.
It's weird how such a passing comment stuck in my own brain. Because I think of it all the time, and now with Sydney, I make it a point to be sure I've got that 50 cents when we walk into Babies R Us or Toys R Us, or any of those stores. The rides make her smile and laugh, and it makes me feel good to provide the easy fun for her.
I got a totally awesome picture of Sydney in a spaceship with Kermit the Frog and Gonzo this morning (it's on my Facebook page). She's got those awful boo-boos on her face, but the smile is certainly genuine!

No comments: