Friday, July 31

I'm a pretty princess, with a frog ...

Can I say once again how amazingly fast this year is progressing? Can you believe that today is the last day of July already? Jeez, I'm blown away by that! And there is so much to do before the next five months are over!
But wait, didn't I have a post at the beginning of the year about the tasks I wished to have completed by the end of the year? Let's check that out and see how well we're doing, shall we?

[Five minutes ... tick tock, tick tock.]

Okay, I've found my "Big List for 2009," and will just paste it here in italics, and then will comment in regular type.
House; Hey! First thing on the list; CHECK!
Job; Okay, this one is still pending. But at least I'm really looking now.
Car; Rock on! New VW Jetta; CHECK!
Potty Training (that one, of course, is entirely up to Sydney, so it may well get pushed to 2010. I say, whatever); Yes, this is still pending as well. Maybe next weekend? I need to read the book Kerry told me to read. It's now worked for her twice.
Weight Loss; Um, let's just say this one is pending, too.
Simplification (I'm being deliberately vague on this, because I'm not sure what I'd like to, or be able to, simplify); I suppose I've simplified a little bit, if that means conducting a more open financial relationship with my husband. I feel like my duties as mother have gotten simpler, too. Family drama, too, has lessened a bit. Still, I think I can use some work here.
Reading; I am proud of myself for getting more than 100 pages into The Historian. I have not finished an entire book in quite some time, but I will not be shamed by that tonight.
Class Work; I've finished assignment 6, and am planning on getting through assignment 7 this weekend. I still aspire to be done with this program by the end of the year.

Okay, the fact that exactly two out of my eight have been accomplished is more than a little disconcerting. On the other hand, it also means that the next five months of this year will be VERY EXCITING!!

No comments: