Monday, July 6

"Gymbo the Clown goes up and down ... "

I'm sad.
Our lovely, little Gymboree Play & Music, which hosts our lovely, little play class, was shut down, as of this morning. I got a phone call at 8:48 a.m., from Gina, saying that when she and the other Gymboree employees arrived at the location this morning, there was a note on the door from the landlord, stating that the business had been evicted from the site. We could drive to Chandler, if we wanted (no thanks), but other than that, she had no other options for us.
I'm trying really hard to not be too sad, but my goodness, Sydney and I have been going there for her play class since she was three months old! It's just one of those things we do together!! No more Bubble Time, or crazy Gymbo dance, or parachute activities, or Gymbo stamps! And because I spent time chatting on the phone about it, Sydney kept asking if we were going to Gymboree today.
It's not like I'll have a hard time filling up that one hour a week when we went to class; it's just that it was a nice, controlled, educational hour where we could run around, have pretend fun, and be social every week. Boo.

No comments: