Sunday, July 5

Ambrosia ... they're like ambrosia

It's an interesting commentary on my life, when I realize that it's a treat to go to the grocery store by myself. Brian was having one of those lazy afternoons, and didn't feel like hitting the local Albertson's with me, and (weirdly) suggested that maybe I should go alone and leave Sydney with him. Um, don't say it twice, and don't think for a second that you can go back on that suggestion! So, off I went, and my goodness, if I could have stretched that trip for an hour, I would have. (Sadly, I am not a huge fan of grocery stores, and avoid them as often as I can. Spending more time than necessary in one is torture for me.) But still, I wandered down several aisles, and ended up searching out the sales: four Tombstone pizzas for $10; two gallons of milk for $5; and regrettably, two bags of Lay's potato chips for $3. I bought the cheddar and sour cream bag for Brian, but made the ultimate error and bought the barbecue for me. I was barely in the kitchen before I ripped open my barbecue chips, and powered through several before all the other groceries were put away. It was an incredible feat of strength to put that bag away shortly thereafter, but I did it! Honestly, I think I may have to toss those chips in the trash before I'm left in the house alone with them tomorrow!
Digression: One of my favorite "feathers in my cap" is that I introduced the wonder of barbecue potato chips to one of my coworkers, Alice, at my work in Boston. She had never had them before, and I was all too happy to share mine. She loved them, and told me that she bought some of her own the next day. I find that awesome; I love to introduce people to something that is both good and bad for them!

No comments: