Saturday, July 18

All in all, an excellent day

I love a Saturday night where I can look back on all the cool stuff we did.
~ First of all, we hung out at the zoo, even though I promised that we wouldn't be back until November. Dude, there was SNOW there! The zoo managed to dump several piles of snow, err ... shaved ice, really ... on a couple grassy knolls for the kids to play in. Sydney completely dug it, threw a lot of snowballs at her mommy, daddy and grandma and grandpa, and got super hot and sweaty in the process. Snow and ice treats also were delivered to several animals throughout the zoo, and we were lucky enough to see one of the elephants walking through, sniffing, kicking, and digging around in the snow for some fruit. We made it a very abbreviated trip to the zoo though, as it was too frickin' hot to do much more than look at the elephants, tortoises and jaguar. Then, carousel once, a couple minutes in the gift shop to cool down, and then back home.
~ Then, Brian's mom and dad hung out with Sydney while we went to see Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. I'm sad to say that I did not love it. The filmmakers cut too much plot and content from the book for the film, and spent too much time filming the characters staring at each other, getting mad about each other, and kissing each other. Yes, the romantic entanglements certainly were a part of this book, and would definitely be considered a big subplot, but honestly, there was way too much l-o-v-e in this movie and, as JJ put it, "not enough abracadabra." I hate being disappointed in something I've waited so long to see.
~ Dinner at Cheesecake is always a good thing, and dinner with my kid is always an experience. But my god, when the child started singing and dancing the HOKEY POKEY in the booth, I about cried. SO CUTE!!
~ Then, I got to watch Mamma Mia! on HBO.

No comments: