Monday, June 29

Peanuts are an illogical choice

I read an article this morning, that I can't find now, about how the British monarchy has gotten more expensive for the British people. Apparently, a portion of the populace's tax revenue goes straight into the royal checkbook. The monarchy cost the people about 23 percent more last fiscal year than the year before. Inflation, you know. I guess I thought that the queen got her money from other means, like profits from books, palace tours, and photo ops.
I'm torn between being pissy for the people who have to pay for the prince's lifestyle; jealous for the queen who has other people paying for her dresses; and indignation for the royals because they have to ask politely for more money if they need it.
THIS IS A STUPID POST. FORGET I WROTE IT.
I need sunscreen wipes for my kid. I keep forgetting to put sunscreen in my car, and it's making me feel like a failure as a mom. I mean, I live in Arizona, the sunshine and frickin'-hot capital of the country, and I have no sunscreen in my car for my baby. I can't keep a big tube of SPF 85, because it'll melt and be super hot, and probably separate. I can't have one of those remarkably convenient aerosol cans because an afternoon in the car will make it explode. What I need are the wipes. I saw them in a magazine somewhere, and need to find them to buy for my car.
I'm on it.

No comments: