Sunday, June 7

A new OS for my computer, too?

My Sun Devils are heading to the College World Series in Omaha, Neb.! Can I get a "GGGOOOOO DEVILS, GGGGGGOOOOOOO!!!!" Awesome! (And you can say it, our Sparky bobblehead is perhaps the coolest bit of ASU something that could possibly exist.)
I'm totally and completely fascinated by this Air France 447 incident. (I actually was hoping that the passengers were all "lost" on a tropical island that dances around in time, harbors ghosts, and has a smokey watchdog.) But sadly, no, all these people have died, and now the recovery effort is underway. I hope they find the black boxes and are able to give these families and companies some closure and explanation as to what happened to this fateful flight. It's such a shame, and so sad. :(
I'm no fan of the Lakers, and in fact, really just watch the games in hopes of seeing Kobe Bryant lose, so this year's NBA Finals is a bit of a drag for me. That's all I have to say about that.
And the best news of the day? Even though Apple is releasing a cooler version of the iPhone soon (I assume it's better. It might not be, and then all of us who already have iPhones will smile), the company also is releasing an updated version of its iPhone software this summer. The latest software offers cool enhancements such as the ability to cut and paste Web pages, and (YAY!!!) send MMS (multimedia messaging service) text messages with photos. ... This sending pictures and text messages thing is by far one feature that I have missed TERRIBLY with this phone. Do you realize how awful it is to not be able to take a picture of some woman's ugly/ridiculous ensemble and not be able to text it to my mom right away? Or to not be able to receive pictures via text? It's SO frustrating, especially since every other phone on the planet seems to be able to do it. Now if they will let me upload songs as my text tone too, I'll be a happy camper with nothing to complain about anymore!

No comments: