Thursday, June 25

M-I-C-H-A-E-L Jackson; spell it right!

I don't want to get into all the Michael Jackson stuff, but to share a couple of my favorite memories of the man. I remember Mom and Howie bought me my LP copy of Thriller. It folded out, of course, and had the inside photo of him with his tiger cubs. The three of us listened to the record that night over dinner. Some of you might remember that dining room, the one in the condo in Thousand Oaks, with the mirrors on the wall? Howie clucked and huffed and told me that M.J. looked too feminine. That's my Thriller LP memory.
The second memory involves most of my divas from Pinecrest. On the night of one of my slumber parties at my house, we all had dinner at Numero Uno and then had to rush back to my house (the same condo) to catch the Thriller video as it began on MTV right at 8 p.m. We did; we RUSHED back to catch that video! And I swear, to this day, that video still creeps me out. Yeck. I don't do scary movies ... even when the zombies are dancing and signing.

Now, to be a pessimist: I think most of the "fans" who are out and about on street corners and in front of Jackson's landmarks, are there solely in the hopes that they will be interviewed by the news programs. Honestly, I get the feeling that everyone is standing there working on their best soundbite. Add to that the video I just saw of some guy doing his Jackson dance, and the whole thing stinks of opportunism. Also, I have an extreme issue with the signs. I Facebooked about this, but I'll mention it again: These people ... these huge fans of Jackson's who love him so much ... are not spelling his name correctly. I've seen so many random cardboard and poster board signs spelled "Micheal," and it is bugging me like crazy.
That is all.

No comments: