Friday, June 5

Internal debate: Beatles or "Airplane!" headline?

I think that I would completely love the newest Rock Band offering, The Beatles: Rock Band. In fact, I am fighting against my instincts to not pre-order it right now! I mean, really, I could play "I Want to Hold Your Hand," "Here Comes the Sun," and "Get Back"? That's awesome! I can not wait until Sept. 9! I think I'll exchange one of our unliked games from the holidays for it. Because The Beatles are too cool. The only bands cooler to have on Rock Band? Well, U2 and The Monkees, of course.
Oh, I won't lie, I totally wish that I had won that $232 million. Background: a 23-year-old cowboy living in South Dakota won the ninth-largest Powerball jackpot, and had this to say, "Thank the Lord." Honestly, dude, the Lord had nothing to do with it. (It's just "luck," you know.) He said he recently told his horse, Eleanor, that "It'd be nice if we go for a longer ride than usual on a bigger ranch of our own." He also elected to take the one-time payout, which, after taxes, came to $88,504,147. That's silly, I say, for a 23-year-old; he should have taken the yearly installments, and received more. Why the rush?
One of my favorite movies, I think, ever, is on right now: Airplane!. I can tell it's a Friday night, because my taste in entertainment is flipping back and forth between funny and not funny. I'm trapped in indecision between that ridiculous movie and True Blood. I see, "We've got clearance, Clarence." "Roger, Roger." "What's our vector, Victor." And then go to, "It's hot!" "That's how it's served: 98.6 degrees." "It's supposed to be like blood." And then back to, "Nervous?" "Yes." "First time?" "No, I've been nervous lots of times." I giggle, because that's just funny. But in a couple minutes I think I'll turn the television off, and read for a bit.

No comments: