Tuesday, June 2

I need to stop watching this movie

And then there was a Tuesday...
Someone tell me why I'm watching Fool's Gold again. Usually, I love the fact that HBO and Cinemax show the same group of movies over and over again. But when it's some crazy, cheesy guilty pleasure like this visual confection, I tend to wish it would go away. (I also am secretly hoping that the networks suddenly rediscover X2: X-Men United and Troy.) I think I may cry or shut off the cable boxes if Paul Blart: Mall Cop ever falls under their heavy rotation, though.
Hey, did you notice that on this poster for the movie here, that Kate Hudson is wearing only a bikini, while Matthew McConaughey is fully dressed in shorts and a t-shirt? What's wrong with all the cute outfits Hudson wears throughout the film? Why a bikini that she doesn't even wear in the movie, when she only wears a bikini once in the movie, and when her character is the brains in the movie? Goodness gracious, the eye candy throughout this film is McConaughey. He's half naked in more than half of the scenes, and he's the one fully covered on the poster? Damn Hollywood for its sexism. McConaughey should totally be the one in the bikini on this poster.
Now, someone please tell me why I got all indignant and verbose about Fool's Gold.

No comments: