Wednesday, May 20

Baby loves her "ZOO ANIMOS!"

Sydney and I hit the zoo today, for what will probably be the last time until this fall ... or November ... whichever comes first. Today is one of the last of the 90-degree days for the summer, and I thought the best way to celebrate that would be to walk around the zoo, in the sun, still in the heat, and get all sweaty looking at the lions, cheetahs and elephants. Sydney had a fantastic time, and that's all that matters. Her favorite part though, may be the dancing water fountain, in which I allowed about 30 minutes of crazy running around. It's always a good thing to have the child drop, soaking wet and smiling, into a stroller for the trip back to the car.
I've got a guy from a landscaping company coming by the house tomorrow afternoon to give me an estimate on taking care of the backyard. Can you smell our defeat? Yeah, I just decided that Brian and I were never going to get that piece of land all cleaned up, tilled and sodded in any timely fashion, so it would be better to rely on the professionals to get the job done.

No comments: