Wednesday, April 22

Tomorrow I tackle the Tucson trip

Hey there, everyone, did you know that Lawrence Taylor is going home? I liked him on the show, I really did, but his consistent whining about moves, swishes and the like was getting really irritating. Almost as irritating as Chuck and Julianne constantly making a show of how manly Chuck is in real life. But alas and alack, it is LT making the departure from the dance floor this evening.
Mom and I had a busy day today: We supervised the volunteers from Hospice of the Valley clean out and pack up Auntie Donna's apartment, and prepare it all for donation. These seven women went through the whole place and had it ready for going onto the truck in two hours. Two hours?! They all tackled each room in pairs, had one guy in the living room making boxes, and just flew through all of it. Mom and I decided that they could be so wicked efficient because, rather than see everything as a memory or WTF moment, to them, it all was just stuff. And they were super happy to take it all. Donna had a lot of good stuff. And it was our pleasure to give it to them. The Hospice took such excellent care of Grandma in October, and continued to be awesome to Donna just a couple weeks ago. I'm intrigued enough by their operation to check out the thrift store in a week or so, to see for how much they're selling Donna's apartment stuff. I'm curious. Wouldn't you be? At any rate, the apartment is finished now, and I no longer have a key to it. So sad.
But ... since it's still Mom and I with time to kill this afternoon before the babysitter expected us back home, we had lunch at Cheesecake, wandered through Crate & Barrel, shopped at Target, got some Starbucks, and stopped at Home Depot. All before 3:30 p.m.! A busy day indeed!

No comments: