Monday, March 2

Who needs all that entertainment anyway?

I think I'm going to give Jimmy Fallon and his new talk show, that which is replacing Conan O'Brien's, a chance at entertaining me. I will probably set the DVR to record it, as my late-night brain is a bit sluggish and glassy, and incredibly unable to judge humor or intelligence in what I may be watching at that time. That is the primary reason why I record The Daily Show and The Colbert Report to watch during the following day's naptime. I need an awake head to appreciate that kind of sarcasm and brilliantly funny insight. Who knows yet if Fallon will deliver, but I'll give him a shot. After all, what I really need is another television show I am compelled to watch.
What's weird is that I never watched Conan at 11:35 p.m. I probably still won't watch him at 11:05 p.m. I've never been a big fan of Jay, and I think Letterman is purposely rude, so the entire late-night television thing wasn't ever a big deal to me. I'll give Conan and Jimmy a chance at their new nightly gigs, but should point out that, if they are not impressive, are too juvenile, or are too "network," I'll happily ditch the entire enterprise.

No comments: