Wednesday, March 11

They're small, but heavy

Boxes packed today: 9 small.
I started packing in the office today, and with my bookcase and shelves, which filled up five boxes on their own. Then to the "sittin' outs" (as I call them), in the living room; and then to the bookcase and coffee table books in the bedroom. That's all I could handle for my first day, even with the "help" I got from the toddler. Tomorrow, during naptime, I'm going to dig into Brian's bookcase. I seem to be having decent energy during that time period, and am interested in exploiting it. Brian's bookcase will be a large and heavy job, as it is filled to the brim with textbooks and binders. Also, since I only have small boxes right now, I need to stick to the heavy stuff that goes in the small boxes. This weekend, I shall get some medium and large boxes so I can expand my packing scope to cover lighter and larger things (kitchen appliances, vases and accessories of every kind) as well. I'll also put away my St. Patrick's Day decorations tomorrow, as I would like to have all the decoration boxes ready to go.
As for movers, I did make a couple calls today. One company sends out two guys and a truck and charges $68 per hour for the local move. That, I won't lie, is a fantastic estimate. The second company is sending a representative who will be here tomorrow morning to create an in-home estimate. I'm intrigued by the potentially minimal cost of this move ... so far. We'll see what tomorrow brings. But if it's less than $1,000, I may just giggle uncontrollably. I mean, I was thinking this move would end up costing us about $2,500. I never would have imagined it would be, on the high side, maybe only $680. Not possible!

[Editor's Note: The Editor would like to apologize right now for what, she assumes, will be a ridiculously high number of posts that will focus on this move, the cost of it, and/or the overwhelming responsibilities involved with it over the next few weeks. Really, she's sorry. She'll try to keep the bitching to a minimum, but will not guarantee any kind of restriction on the actual topic.]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is going to be fun.