Sunday, March 1

Swing legs back, then forth, then back...

I just finished my very late homework assignment, Assignment 5A, wherein I had to observe a child or teenager, document their (presumably somewhat interesting) actions, and then write a descriptive 350-word essay on them. I decided on the railroad park as the perfect place to find my subject, which was also an opportunity to give Sydney a good time this morning. So we traveled out to the park, and while Sydney and Brian ran around the playground, I subtly checked out my surroundings. I wore my sunglasses, and took notes on my phone, taking every precaution to appear more like an uninterested mother who was texting, rather than a potential freak checking out all the little kids in the sandbox. (Ew.) Anyway, I decided to "observe and document" a little girl just learning to swing on her own. She was really very darling. And I think the assignment turned out well.
Part B of the assignment is to get into the kid's head, and right the activity from their point of view. This, actually, should be pretty fun, and I'm looking forward to it. Tonight though, it's too late to dig into it, but it's on my naptime to-do list for tomorrow.

No comments: