Friday, March 6

A shoe girl, just like Mommy and Grandma

Sydney and I officially have two pairs of matching shoes. Look to the left. You can say it, they're frickin' adorable. I've got weird issues about it though. I'm firmly against the thought of us wearing the matching pairs on the same day. In the interest of full disclosure ... and because it's fun ... I'll tell you that Katy also has a pair of the sparkly All Stars. And they are sparkly. Look at the picture closely to see it. (I bought Sydney's weeks ago, and when I saw the adult sizes, I ordered a pair for myself and my darling niece.) Mom suggested that we all wear the matching sneakers whenever we go to dinner. I said, "No. Cheesy." I shared the idea with Katy, and she liked it. Again, I was all, "No! Cheesy!" But I can feel that I'm getting railroaded, and I'm not going to put up much more resistance either. The night we all do wear the shoes, I will take a picture of our feet and post it here for you to enjoy.
The second pair are some loafers that were on sale several weeks ago, that I let Mom talk me into putting on Sydney. (I adore them!) I fell immediately in love with the baby shoes, and the more I stared at them on Sydney's feet, the more I decided they also must be on my feet! And huzzah! There they were in big girls' sizes, too! And they were crazy on sale! It's not often you can find gold shoes with purple bows that are really quite fantastic.
I've got a weakness for buying shoes for Sydney. And if this trend -- of the cute shoes also coming in my size -- continues, I'll be in real trouble.

No comments: