Monday, March 23

Healthy is behind the moon there

There is a ridiculous amount of sick going on in my house lately. Sydney had a stomach bug that had her vomiting like a champ all day Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Try to explain to a two-year-old that she simply must drink the Pedialyte because it'll make her feel so much better. It doesn't work at all. Try to trick her into it? That doesn't work either. Eventually, she just started drinking water, because that was better than nothing, and now, is feeling tons better. She's not back to her normal capacity for mischief, but she's getting there. I suspect tomorrow to be even better.
THEN, I ate some nasty Tokyo Express, and my lovely penchant for food poisoning kicked in and left me sleeping on my bathroom floor Saturday night, and in bed all day yesterday. Today, I feel better, too.
THEN, my husband comes home all sick from work this afternoon. He has, obviously, picked up what Sydney had, and since he's a husband instead of a baby, it's so much worse and I could never understand how awful he feels.
Sickness sucks right out loud, and this weekend, sickness kicked our collective asses.

My Dancing with the Stars voting (12 votes allowed):
Melissa Rycroft ~ 2 votes. She's great! I love the continually evolving ways that the DWTS costume designers are developing to hide her back tattoo. I'm fascinated to know what the actual tattoo is, since they're playing it so close to the vest.
Gilles Marini ~ 2 votes. I think, when it comes down the to the finals (if Marini and Rycroft are in it), this is going to be a very difficult choice for me. I may just give them both the same votes, and let the rest of the country make the decision for me!
Shawn Johnson ~ 2 votes. I'm still waiting for some kind of cartwheel or flip or something.
David Alan Grier ~ 1 vote. Finally! It looks like Grier and Kym are getting in sync!
Ty Murray ~ 1 vote. Again, another vote because of Andrea.
Lil' Kim ~ 1 vote. I am becoming more and more indifferent every week.
Chuck Wicks ~ 1 vote. And once they cut out the cutesy, they become more like the other dancers.
Lawrence Taylor ~ 1 vote. He cancelled a golf game to practice? That is dedication!
Steve-O ~ 1 vote. Honestly, I didn't know which train wreck I wanted to grace with this last vote. I took a lot of time deciding who I would rather see next week, and then just picked one with my eyes closed.
Denise Richards, Steve Wozniak, Holly Madison ~ 0 votes. I'm sorry, but they are, all three, absolutely awful, and painful to watch.

No comments: