Sunday, March 15

Top o' the mornin' to ya

ITEM: It's a couple days from St. Patrick's Day, which is quite possibly one of the best days in the world to be Irish. (As if there is such a thing as a bad day to be Irish.) So, as an equal opportunity holiday dresser, I bring you Day One of the St. Pat's ensemble fashion show. Notice the kicky hat and sassy, green sexy dress! Draw your eyes to the intricate detailing of the shamrock bracelet on my delicate wrist! And more importantly, do not fear the huge leprechaun float behind me!
ITEM: Okay, I've decided, upon doing some more reading and trusting my own instincts, that Sydney still is not ready for potty training. She's still not showing the "signs" that she's ready to take on the responsibility, and in my heart, I know that this diaper-removal thing is just a game to her right now, and that she just needs to be told that, "No, we do not remove our diaper."
Brian contends that I'm just freaking out about potty training, but really, I don't think the kid is ready. The big red flag here is that she is still cool about having a poopy in her diaper without telling me about it. The big sign they say in the book is that she'll start coming to me with a dirty diaper, requesting a change, because she doesn't want to be dirty. I'm not getting that kind of communication yet, peeps.
ITEM: Can I say again how cool it must be to blast off and then go zipping around the planet? I want to do that!
ITEM: I got some more packing done today. In fact, I tackled part of my kitchen. Check off the serving platters and bowls, small appliances, and kitchen decor! At this rate, I might be ready by the time the movers show up!

No comments: