Monday, March 9

Back in the voting booth ... DWTS style!

Big news! We got the house! Yay! Now, all I need to do is pack the entire place, find some movers, figure out what day we'll make the big move, decide on what to do with my dogs and kid so they are somewhat out of the way, and change the addresses on every bill, magazine and person in my address book. No problem! I'm on it!
I've got issues about Rihanna getting back together with Chris Brown. And I'm happy that a big celebrity, umm... Oprah!, said something about how bad an idea that is, on national television, no less. And Oprah was right, if he hits once, he'll hit again. I fear for the girls who really look up to Rihanna, and how they'll be effected by this. The last thing we need in this world is a new generation of girls growing up thinking that if he's famous, or means that much to you, it's okay if he hits you and then says he's sorry. This is a bad thing, certainly. Girls need to know that love doesn't hurt. Rihanna included.
So Monday is a big television night again. Tonight, I'm logging hours in front of the tube. Check it: Dancing with the Stars, Chuck, Castle, Heroes. It doesn't sound like a lot, but DWTS was two hours. And here I am, at 10:21 p.m., watching the beginning of Chuck. I don't think there is any new Gossip Girl for another week or two, so that's good. I'll watch Heroes tomorrow night with Brian. You know what? Blah, blah, blah, TV.

My Dancing with the Stars voting (13 votes allowed):
Gilles Marini ~ 2 votes. I was blown away with how well he did on his first night out!
Shawn Johnson ~ 2 votes. She's just too cute.
Lil' Kim ~ 2 votes. She did a shout-out to her girls in jail. That's kinda awesome.
Steve-O ~ 2 votes. Who thought this guy would be at all decent? He was.
Belinda Carlisle ~ 1 vote. She's got the beat, and I'm mad about her.
David Alan Grier ~ 1 vote. I was impressed with his dancing ability.
Chuck Wicks ~ 1 vote. I think he and Julianne may just break up when they lose this competition.
Melissa Rycroft ~ 1 vote. With only 48 hours of practice, she got better scores than others who worked for weeks. Yay her!
Lawrence Taylor ~ 1 vote. I like it when the big football players do the dancing.
Holly Madison, Ty Murray, Steve Wozniak, Denise Richards ~ 0 votes: I'll admit to holding back my voting love on a few of these people because with the field this wide, I've got to put the support where I really want it. Once the number goes down, I'll be able to be more diplomatic.

No comments: