Saturday, January 3

Solo dance + random music = awesome

We plugged in my new "Dance, Dance Revolution" for the Wii this afternoon. It did just what I wanted it to do, once we figured out the damn thing. Honestly, I feel so stupid that, even after reading the instructions about five times, I still needed Brian to break it down for me in a way I could get it. "It's like 'Guitar Hero' for your feet." So you step on the pad arrow when the lit-up arrow gets to the top-line arrow. Got it.
And after 30 minutes, I had changed from my jeans and long-sleeved shirt into shorts and a t-shirt because I was getting hot and sweaty dancing around on this cheesy pad, cussing at the arrow quickness, and becoming legitimately irritated at how my sweaty feet were sticking to the pad so I couldn't move them fast enough to keep up with the game.
And all that is exactly why I wanted this game. I wanted to do some kind of exercise, even if it's not an elliptical or treadmill, that would be get my heart rate up, be fun and boost my cardiovascular in some way.
Tomorrow, I will try it in socks, even though it is forbidden in the game rules. I'm excited!

No comments: