Tuesday, January 20

Obama overdose

Well, I totally enjoyed it, and bought into the hype, and dug every minute of it, but now, at the end of this January 20, I'm over it. I think I overdosed on Obama today. I even watched the Nightline special, after watching the special Nightly News, after watching all day's coverage. I was very monogamous too, only staying with NBC, because CBS, Fox and ABC bug me. I actually really like Brian Williams and Tom Brokaw, mainly because I know that they can be funny, as evidenced by their visits to The Daily Show. (One reason why I don't like ABC is strictly because, even though they have their nightly World News on the HD channel, the actual show is not done in HD. That's irresponsible, I think. Rude, too, to those of us who pay for HD.)
So, in sticking with NBC, I saw a lot of the same stuff, over and over again, but the commentary was good, so I'm not complaining in the least. I actually thought all the coverage was fantastic. It's just that I took in a lot of it throughout my day, and I just might bleed a little from the ears if I see another part of the speech, or Michelle's bold green/gold dress, or Aretha Franklin's bow hat, or the schematics of the new limousine. However, I'll totally admit to love, love, loving Sasha Obama's pink and orange coat, scarf and gloves ensemble. I heard it was from J.Crew's Crewcuts, the kids' line. I wonder if it comes in grown-up sizes.
At any rate, I'm pleased to say that I've restricted anymore news viewings for tonight. Right now, I'm watching Burn Notice, which is much more entertaining anyway. And once the show is over, I'll be turning the TV off entirely and going to bed. It's been a long day of staring at that glowing screen, and I'm ready to move on to tomorrow.

No comments: