Wednesday, January 21

It was on my calendar: LOST returns!

Alright, kids, it's that time of year again! Lost is back! The show's fifth season premiered on ABC tonight, and Brian and I were ready and willing to spend the two-hour sofa time watching it. I did not give myself any kind of a primer on the show, like I could have, so instead dove into the program blind and somewhat forgetful of the stuff that had us floored when the show ended last year. Example: "Oh yeah! The island disappeared! And Sawyer jumped! That's right, Jack had that awful beard again!" Well, I'm proud to report that I was able to snuggle right in to the hanging plots, dangling subplots and careening loops fairly well, and could even answer the stray question from my sofa partner along the way.
Still, I will admit to being a bit overwhelmed by two hours of Lost. (So many time jumps and plot twists and turns!) There is so much information in a single-hour episode, and so much to piece together, that honestly, two hours of it made my head hurt. Lost rocks, but for me, seems to be best in a shorter, more powerful sucker punch to the gut. I'm so excited for next week!

No comments: