Tuesday, January 20

Inauguration Day, 2009

Can you believe all the pomp and circumstance going on today? How awesome is all this? I'm watching the final steps of the inauguration parade, and smiling at Al Roker's obviously giddy reaction to getting a couple words out of President Obama as the president walked by him. What an amazing event we all witnessed on television today. I'm sorry that Sydney is too young to understand everything that's going on, because first, she can't appreciate the history and exhilaration of the day, but also because she's bugging me to watch Yo Gabba Gabba and Toot & Puddle. I mean, the shows are on in the bedroom; why does she have to watch it out in the living room? At any rate, for today, Mommy pulls rank, and we watch what Mommy wants to watch.
Without going in to too much of the day, I'll say that I was awed with the display by the government and its citizens; impressed by the president's speech; amazed that everyone seemed so happy; and touched by the genuine show of patriotism. What a great day.
Well, kids, let's raise a glass to hope, change and the beginning of a new era of American politics.

No comments: