Thursday, January 22

Frustration, thy source is car

It looks like Kimmie will be getting a new car soon! I don't think I said yet that I had more troubles with the Land Rover, and it spent the day at the dealership today. The problem was minimal -- the negative battery cable had to be better secured (you were right, Daddy) -- and didn't cost a whole lot, but it did nothing but stress me out about the car again. I mean, really, I've been so lucky that all these ridiculous issues have happened when I've been home. How pissed would I be about being stuck at the grocery store, or play class, and have the car be all kaput? Very. That fear used to be something that worried me, but now, thinking about that happening with Sydney in the car just infuriates me. So the decision has been made and Kimmie's looking around for a new car. I've actually got one in mind, and I'm really excited about test-driving in Saturday. And, of course, it must be available in red.
Here's my hiccup for the thing: For whatever reason, the electronic title for the car is in Massachusetts. I said that all simple and quick, but it's still true. As far as Arizona is concerned, the car is here, but not owned here. I'm like, "That's stupid. I bought the car here in 2002. I paid off the car here in 2007. How is the four years in the middle, when it was in Boston, meaning anything at all?" They don't know. Well, this is an issue for Bank of America, and believe me, they will be hearing from me first thing tomorrow morning so they can take care of this. Because I can't trade in the car without the "title" (It's not a pink slip in Arizona, the lady condescends to me, it's called a title. I said, "Well, then I need a copy of the title"), this situation is currently pissing me off a whole lot. It feels like things are kind of conspiring against me, you know?

Throwing "you know" at the end of that sentence reminds me of Caroline Kennedy and her pulling herself out of contention for New York's vacated seat in the Senate. They say that some issues with a housekeeper and taxes may be the reason, but I'm inclined to agree with the gossips that suggest that part of it has to do with the disastrous interviews she did during her "campaign." Her insanely overwhelming repetition of "you know" was enough to make this editor's ears bleed, you know?

No comments: