Thursday, January 1

Back on the wagon ... yay!

Well, let me say, this year has started off well! And there's no sarcasm involved in that statement at all! I got to sleep in ... a little; had a yummy lunch at CPK; started to disassemble Christmas in my house ... packed up the tree, Moos and Little People toys ... ; and hung out with my little family.
And, for the first day back on Weight Watchers, I ran a point less than today's allotment. I also bought a points tracker application for my iPhone and spent some time tonight entering in all my normal foods and their point totals. I'm interested in cruising through the grocery store soon, as I've got some good snacking ideas for my refrigerator. I also got started over the last couple days by tossing out all the bad stuff in my kitchen, i.e., the rest of the fudge (BOO!), Nilla Wafers and those chocolate-covered raspberry gummy bears from my stocking (I know! Ack!). As for the immediate need for exercise, I am so excited to set up my "Dance, Dance Revolution," for our Wii tomorrow during naptime. Granted, it's not 30 minutes on the treadmill or elliptical, but really, it's better than nothing.
Also, I am about to admit something awful to you: I am intrigued by a new reality show. I'm ashamed, but not so ashamed that I will avoid it. This eye candy hour of television is called True Beauty, and is about a group of "beautiful" people who think they're in a beauty competition, but in reality (pun intended), are being judged by their attitudes and kindness (starts Monday night; I've already set my DVR). I love this! You bet it's all about watching the gorgeous people humiliate themselves with their actions, even if they don't know yet that they'll be humiliated by them. I love the bank of camera scenes they show in the preview! I love that the judges are gleeful about catching these people being awful! I love that this looks so gloriously bad in a good way!

No comments: