Friday, January 9

Awards season is here!

The Golden Globes awards ceremony is on this Sunday night, and I have to tell you, I'm finding it hard to care. I mean, of course I'll watch it, because that's what I do, but there's a certain amount of absolute antipathy when one hasn't seen most of the movies and performances nominated. Sure, The Dark Knight, but that's it. I haven't seen Slumdog Millionaire, Doubt, Milk, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button or Frost/Nixon. And honestly, not a one of those seems remotely uplifting, so even if I didn't have a kid, I may not have seen them. But this year, going into this awards ceremony, I can only feel confident having any bit of an opinion about the television awards.
Still, at least there's actually going to be a ceremony this year. Remember that last year's was canceled because of the writer's strike, and the whole thing was dumbed down into a pseudo-press conference broadcasted in 30 minutes of television time.

No comments: