Wednesday, January 28

22. Satellite radio is ambrosia

There's this chain letter thing going around Facebook right now, called "My 25 Things." The point of it is to list 25 things about yourself that few people, if any, know about you. Honestly, I had a hard time coming up with some of them. In reading through the list again tonight, I could tell that I was feeling a bit headachy and melancholy when I wrote it.
That's not to say that they aren't true, because they totally are, but I would have liked to have a more lighthearted list. Fun stuff, like perhaps listing a few of my favorite neuroses. -- 1. Refrigerator magnets must be lined up in a grid; 2. bedroom toys in the bedroom, living room toys in the living room ... every night before bedtime; 3. all 26 alphabet blocks constantly and repeatedly accounted for; 4. living room television volume no louder than 10, or I can tell, and can't fall asleep. -- Those kinds of things would have been more fun, but perhaps too personal? Even Brian is only privy to a few of my internal issues. So many of them I just do and handle on my own, without him even knowing.
And this weekend, with Brian out of town at a dental convention, I intend to let my, shall we say, compulsiveness be free of all restrictions. I'm really looking forward to taking care of a few shady corners of my apartment, and cleaning stuff out. It's always easier when I don't have to worry about someone looking over my shoulder. I see a hallway full of garbage bags in my future, and I like it! Stealth cleaning, yeah, that's it. I think it's fair to call that one of my neuroses. Definitely.

No comments: